Meeting other students, making friends, practising your English and having fun are as important as learning English in the classroom.
Each week we run activities, which are:
- Coffee and Conversation – Each Wednesday at 2:45pm we run a Coffee and Conversation Club. This is held at a local coffee shop, where students can buy a coffee, and talk to other students, guided by a Teacher. A cup of coffee costs between £2.00 and £5.00.
- Film and Pizza Evening – Each Tuesday we hold a film and pizza afternoon. This is held within the school and a film is decided amongst students. Pizza is ordered from a local Pizza shop and costs £5.00 per student (minimum of 4 students). The film without pizza is free.
As well as these fixed activities, we talk to students about what activities they want to do. These are then run by a group leader within the school and students should sign up and pay at reception.
These can include:
- Cinema (£4-£8 each)
- Cardiff Castle - see website
- National Museum of Wales Trip, Free - see website
- Football (indoor or outdoor, costs between £4.00 and £7.00 each for 1 hour)
- St Fagan’s Museum (Museum is free, the bus costs £3.00 - £4.00 for a return ticket)
- Big Pit (Museum is free, private bus costs between £7.00 and £12.00 per student)
- Principality Stadium Tour - see website
- Cardiff Bay by boat (Return ticket is £4.00)
- Mini-golf - see website
- Ice skating - see website
- BBQs (Between £3.00 and £5.00 each)
Amongst many more!
We talk to students regularly about what activities we can hold. If you feel that you want to visit somewhere and it would be a good activity, please talk to reception and we are happy to help.